Amelanchier x grandiflora ‘Autumn Brilliance’ Autumn Brilliance ® ServiceberryBack
Tolerate full sun or partial shade. Rarely require pruning. Perform well in many types of soils, but are not particularly pollution tolerant and are not reliable under high stress conditions.
- Rounded, Deciduous, Ornamental
- Small, 15-25’ x 15-25’
- Grayish when emerging and gradually changing to a medium to dark green in summer; fall color is a brilliant red.
- Not showy, but attractive in winter months
- Berry-like pome that is orange-shaped ¼ – 1/3” diameter, changing from green to red and finally a purplish black. The berries ripen around June and should be picked before the birds eat them. “Ripe fruits are better than highbush blueberries”, as described by Michael A. Dirr in his Manual of Woody Landscape Plants, Fifth Edition.
- Perfect white flowers that are very ornamental but are briefly persistent.