Chionanthus retusus Chinese FringetreeBack
Great when used for an accent in smaller gardens. Can be used in a border or as a yard shrub.
- Rounded, Deciduous, Ornamental
- Small, 15-25’
- Slow to moderate
- Vary from zone to zone. Leaves on tree in the northern zones are oblong while those in the southern zones are more rounded. Leathery, dark green in color changing to soft yellow in the fall
- Peeling or tightly ridged and furrowed
- Drupe, dark blue in color
- Snowy white and almost feathery in texture. Flowers are positioned on the terminal end of stalks.